(1) the information collected in this application form including sensitive personal data* and any other information on you obtained from other available sources (collectively, ‘Personal Data’) shall only be used by Hong Leong Bank Berhad / Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad (the ‘Company’) and the Hong Leong Group of companies (‘HL Companies’) (the Company and HL Companies shall hereinafter be collectively referred to as, the ‘Group’) to assess your suitability to assume the job duties of the position for which you have applied or for any other vacancies within the Group;
(2) failure to supply the Personal Data as requested will result in the Group being unable to process your employment applications;
(3) in the event that your application for employment is successful, the Group may require additional Personal Data to be collected from you from time to time throughout the period of your employment with the Group;
(5) you may write to the Head of Human Resources Division at Level 2 Wisma Hong Leong, No. 18 Jalan Perak, 50450 Kuala Lumpur or facsimile no. 603 2715 8623 on the following matters:-
(a) to request for a copy of your Personal Data retained by the Group subject to payment of a reasonable fee for each data access request processed;
(b) to request for correction of your Personal Data;
(c) any inquiries or complaints that you may have in respect of your Personal Data; and/or
(d) if you do not wish to allow the Group to proceed with the processing of your Personal Data or part thereof in this application form. (However, please take note of Item 2 above).
(6) your Personal Data may be disclosed by the Group to the following parties:-
(a) any of the companies within the Group for processing employment related applications and job placements;
(b) your former employers, schools and references;
(c) any agencies, enforcement authorities and professional bodies, including but not limited to, credit reporting agencies, police, the road transport department, the Malaysian Bar Council for the purpose of conducting relevant background checks;
(d) any relevant agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer or other services to the Group; and/or
(e) any person by whom the Group is required by applicable legal, governmental or regulatory requirements to make disclosure.
* ‘sensitive personal data’ means any personal data consisting of information as to your physical or mental health or your condition, your political opinions, your religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission by you of any offence or any other personal data determined as such under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.